“Good food is wise medicine!” My day is incomplete without evening snacks and I am always looking for variety to eat. Some days back, the craving for Momos led me to the kitchen. Surprisingly, it was not as difficult as I had believed it to be. Here is the recipe for Veg Momos.
Stuffing for the momos –
- Keep one cup each of diced carrot, cabbage, spring onions ready.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan and saute 2 clove garlic, 1 inch ginger and 2 chilli.
- Add the chopped vegetables to it and add salt, pepper ( additional spices as per taste).
- Cook them and keep them aside for the filling.
Dough Preparation –
- Add two cups of Maida and salt.
- Add water in breaks to prepare a soft and smooth dough.
- Grease it with oil and rest it for 30 minutes.
Making Momos –
- Prepare small rolls from the dough. (approx 10-12)
- Using rolling pin to make thin sheets (like a Chapati) from each roll.
- Place the prepared stuffing in the centre and pleat the edges slowly.
- Press the stuffed balls to flatten it and seal the momos.
- To make steamed momos, heat them in a steamer for 10-12 minutes till outer cover becomes transparent.
- To make fried momos, shallow fry the momos from the previous step till they turn brown and crispy.
- Serve them with Red Chutney and relish the momos.