‘Life is not worth living if I cannot have pasta or bread again.’ Monica Seles
Who can resist the creamy, cheesy textured, delectable pasta? If there is one thing that I can eat 24*7, its Pasta. After spending tonnes of hours & energy in search of good pasta at a restaurant, I decided to make it on my own. And, it turned out to be pretty good.
- Butter – Two tablespoons
- Olive Oil
- Maida or Wheat flour – Two tablespoons
- Milk – Two cups
- Pasta – Two cups
- Add-on vegetables like red or yellow capsicum,mushroom, broccoli, corn.
Recipe for White Sauce Pasta –
- Boil two cups of pasta & set it aside to cool.
- Finely chop the onions, garlic & vegetables of your choice and saute them in olive oil. Add a pinch of salt, oregano & basil leaves for taste.
- Heat two tablespoon butter in a pan and add Maida to it. Stir the mix on low flame till it turns light brown.
- Add two cups of milk in the pan. Keep stirring to avoid lump formation.
- Add salt to the mix & simmer for 3 minutes until a consistent creamy layer is formed.
- Add the boiled pasta & sautéed vegetables to the pan. Mix well.
- White Sauce Pasta is cooked and ready to be served.
Additional tips –
- Add few drops of olive oil to water while boiling Pasta. It helps to avoid sticky pasta.
- For a healthier choice, prefer Wheat over Maida for preparing sauce. Wheat sauce may require more amount of milk.
- Do not add all the milk in one go, add milk in intervals & stir continuously to avoid lumps.
Side dishes –
It can be enjoyed alongside bread of your choice. Or,if you are like me, then you might also enjoy a bowl of soup or grilled vegetables to go with it.
Hope you liked this quick recipe of pasta. Do you prefer white sauce pasta or red sauce? Do share your own recipes with me & I would love to try them.
Note- *This article is written as a part of #SuperBloggerChallenge2018 conducted by Healthwealthbridge.com ,Fashionablefoodz.com, Allaboutthewoman.com and should not be repurposed, republished or used otherwise. The content herein is owned by the blogger. SuperBloggerChallenge2018 is not responsible for any kind of infringement caused*
Adi Sathe(7th October 2020 - 23:38)
One of my favourite dishes!!!
Shamik(7th October 2020 - 10:54)
I just love pasta. Sometimes, I’ve it for dinner as well. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Leha(6th October 2020 - 02:34)
Pasta is a super favourite dish of mine. I’ve tried only desi twists though.
Don(5th October 2020 - 21:21)
I really, really, really need cheese with my pasta! But, for the guilt-free versions, I would most definitely give your recipe a try. Thank you so much!
Jenifer(5th October 2020 - 20:36)
Yesterday I had white pasta, but after reading ur post, am again hungry. Haha
Ginia(5th October 2020 - 19:46)
I have never made white sauce pasta at home. Will try this recipe soon.
Shalzz(5th October 2020 - 19:00)
Such an easy recipe, isn’t it? I love white pasta too and it also serves as a quick hunger quenching food 🙂
Roma(5th October 2020 - 18:53)
I can so relate after a lot of trial and error am now able to get better at it. Will diye it try your recipe too
Ritu(5th October 2020 - 18:15)
I prefer the arrabbiata sauce. But I am going to try your version. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
AeshaAesha Shah(5th October 2020 - 11:39)
I love white sauce pasta but have never added garlic to it before, I will definitely try your variation.
Dipali Bhasin(5th October 2020 - 09:17)
The white sauce pasta is comfort food and I love to dunk in a lot of veggies to give it a healthier twist. Of course, it’s maida for me all the way. I don’t get the same feel with wholewheat.
sinjanag(4th October 2020 - 20:45)
Ah I love white sauce pasta, and over time I have become quite an expert in making them too.
alpanadeo(27th September 2019 - 01:45)
I am not a big fan of white sauce but I do make it once in a while.
Dishki(1st October 2019 - 01:53)
Do let me know how it turns out to be. 🙂
Thanks for visiting Alpana.
richa(1st September 2018 - 18:40)
pasta is love !!
Dishki(2nd September 2018 - 23:25)
You have said it all. 😉
Aritra Chakrabarty(2nd March 2018 - 23:10)
I love white sauce😊
Dishki(3rd March 2018 - 20:11)
Thanks for visiting 🙂
zainab(1st March 2018 - 23:10)
i love white sauce: pasta! #Superbloggerchallenge2018 #InstaCuppa
Dishki(9th March 2018 - 22:20)
Thanks for visiting! 🙂
Namratha(1st March 2018 - 20:38)
I love white sauce pasta too😊
That’s a quick and simple recipe.
Should try with wheat next time around
Dishki(1st March 2018 - 21:06)
Glad you liked it! 🙂
Dishki(3rd March 2018 - 20:12)
Sure, do let me know when you try it. 🙂